Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for fructose
- ‘Agave nectar is a fruit sugar, which absorbs more slowly into the bloodstream and is suitable for diabetics, since it's much lower on the glycemic index.’
- ‘Fructooligosaccharide is a fruit sugar and is often used as a prebiotic in the treatment of Candida.’
- ‘If you have a sweet tooth, you'll appreciate that almost all of our foods contain fructose, a natural fruit sugar that burns slowly in your body to provide long-lasting energy, unlike ordinary table sugar.’
- ‘Health visitors from all over the country pleaded for clearer labelling - sodium should be labelled as salt, fructose as fruit sugar for example.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.