One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The quality of being economical with money or food; thriftiness.‘he scorned the finer things in life and valued frugality and simplicity’
thriftiness, carefulness, scrimping and saving, conservation, good managementView synonyms
- ‘‘We learned our frugality from my mother,’ he explains.’
- ‘My frugality is still moderate by Scottish standards, though.’
- ‘Both are at one with a certain instinct of frugality, by which I do not mean meanness.’
- ‘His frugality and thrift were particularly notorious.’
- ‘Departing from his predecessor's frugality, he provided lavish games for the Romans to enjoy, and abolished the sales tax.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.