One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The row of seats closest to the catwalk at a fashion show, considered to be the most prestigious and desirable place to sit.‘Nicole Richie joined Jessica Alba on the FROW in a monochrome black and white frock’
- ‘Monochrome is a massive look for Spring but Fearne was already well ahead of anyone on the FROW as she was rocking this look way back in 2012!’
- ‘Stella McCartney turns up the volume on the Paris catwalk with boxy shapes and cocoon coats (and an A-list FROW of course).’
- ‘The most shocking news we've heard all week is that the FROW are now wearing winter clothes in winter.’
- ‘This season the FROW are showing their fashion credentials by bucking the trends and attempting transeasonal dressing.’
- ‘The FROW were all dutifully clad in Burberry Prorsum.’
- ‘The fashion-forward actress, who graces the FROW of countless fashion events, showed off her trim figure in a form-fitting number.’
- ‘Sitting side-by-side with Jessica on the FROW was Amanda Seyfried who also gave us serious hair envy.’
Early 21st century: abbreviation of front row.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.