One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘‘No,’ she says eventually, a little frostily, then has the grace to laugh at herself.’
- ‘The suggestion was frostily denied by Labour aides.’
- ‘‘I thought I needed to find a new partner for that,’ Rose said frostily.’
- ‘The wind blows frostily at the coated people, and when it's still, the air freezes where you stand.’
- ‘However she has agreed to persevere, albeit rather frostily.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.