One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A female lead singer of a pop or rock group.‘the frontwoman for one of this city's feistiest rock bands’
- ‘The punk rock frontwoman announced last month she was changing her name.’
- ‘She is one of the great front women in rock.’
- ‘Harper is the self-absorbed frontwoman for a band that's about to break.’
- ‘The bassist was actually giving his frontwoman a run for her money in the style department with this hot pair of shades and all-black outfit.’
- ‘The 38-year-old frontwoman is releasing her first-ever solo album.’
- ‘The frontwoman had a lot to share with the famed mag, dishing on everything from talking about her body to applying makeup twice a day.’
- ‘She is one of my favourite front women of the past decade.’
- ‘Her first stop was at home, where the No Doubt frontwoman was joined by her band members in hosting a family event.’
- ‘The frontwoman revived the grunge look several years too late, pairing a vampy lipstick with mussed-up hair.’
- ‘I'm hard pressed to think of a better rock band frontwoman right now.’
- ‘Boasting one of the most compelling front women in music, Blondie have enjoyed a stream of timeless top ten hits bursting with great hooks and brilliant iconic lyrics.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.