One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
attributive Denoting a maneuver in surfing and other board sports that is done counterclockwise for a regular rider and clockwise for a goofy rider.
- ‘Ever wondered how to do a backside nosegrind or a frontside flip over a hip?’
- ‘Increasing the frontside bus to get extra CPU speed meant faster PCI slots, thus faster video cards.’
- ‘Watching Chris Miller effortlessly dismantling the two bowls with the fattest frontside airs over the hip was tight.’
- ‘There was a dude with dreads that was smoking some wacky, and just rolled straight in and came up the other side and pulled a frontside handplant like it was nothing.’
- ‘His streak continued that night at the Pala pool where he doled out a clean frontside rock, while Chalmers and Luke polished off most of the rest of the moves.’
- ‘The pros have just been eating this place up, from Daewon's blunts on the gnarwall to Bennett Harada's frontside ollies off the bowl hip.’
- ‘Taking off backside isn't much different than frontside except that now your weight is centered low towards the inner edge on the middle of the board.’
- ‘Rune blasted some of the biggest frontside airs I have ever seen and backside flip lipslides like he was born doing them.’
- ‘He simply does what he called you to shoot for, such as this padless frontside invert at his board sponsor's training facility.’
- ‘Now that I've caught the board, I swing it back in a frontside kickturn.’
- ‘Or is one new life-change not enough for the master of the frontside flip?’
- ‘I carve a nice frontside turn up on the roll-in area of the ditch.’
- ‘Ethan was seen popping frontside ollies and Marty was doing stylish frontside rocks with goggles on.’
- ‘It's either a frontside air, or an indy air (which is grabbing like a frontside air but going backside).’
- ‘They had a high-air contest and I can go higher frontside than backside.’
- ‘I was taking a run down the line in the pipe and tell backwards off the wall taking a frontside turn.’
- ‘Johnny almost lost his marbles going for the frontside double flip while Ethan dished out the tail block fakie, bastard plant and the hazard.’
- ‘He did some pretty sweet frontside kickflip lipslides for eighth.’
- ‘I mean, I'm good and all I can do is frontside grinds and sweepers.’
- ‘Scott skated good, Roz busted out some huge frontside grabs, Arthur landed some nice frontside flips.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.