One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
attributive Denoting a maneuver in surfing and other board sports that is done counterclockwise for a regular rider and clockwise for a goofy rider.
- ‘Ever wondered how to do a backside nosegrind or a frontside flip over a hip?’
- ‘Now that I've caught the board, I swing it back in a frontside kickturn.’
- ‘Or is one new life-change not enough for the master of the frontside flip?’
- ‘Watching Chris Miller effortlessly dismantling the two bowls with the fattest frontside airs over the hip was tight.’
- ‘He simply does what he called you to shoot for, such as this padless frontside invert at his board sponsor's training facility.’
- ‘Increasing the frontside bus to get extra CPU speed meant faster PCI slots, thus faster video cards.’
- ‘They had a high-air contest and I can go higher frontside than backside.’
- ‘There was a dude with dreads that was smoking some wacky, and just rolled straight in and came up the other side and pulled a frontside handplant like it was nothing.’
- ‘I was taking a run down the line in the pipe and tell backwards off the wall taking a frontside turn.’
- ‘The pros have just been eating this place up, from Daewon's blunts on the gnarwall to Bennett Harada's frontside ollies off the bowl hip.’
- ‘Scott skated good, Roz busted out some huge frontside grabs, Arthur landed some nice frontside flips.’
- ‘It's either a frontside air, or an indy air (which is grabbing like a frontside air but going backside).’
- ‘Rune blasted some of the biggest frontside airs I have ever seen and backside flip lipslides like he was born doing them.’
- ‘He did some pretty sweet frontside kickflip lipslides for eighth.’
- ‘Ethan was seen popping frontside ollies and Marty was doing stylish frontside rocks with goggles on.’
- ‘Taking off backside isn't much different than frontside except that now your weight is centered low towards the inner edge on the middle of the board.’
- ‘His streak continued that night at the Pala pool where he doled out a clean frontside rock, while Chalmers and Luke polished off most of the rest of the moves.’
- ‘I carve a nice frontside turn up on the roll-in area of the ditch.’
- ‘Johnny almost lost his marbles going for the frontside double flip while Ethan dished out the tail block fakie, bastard plant and the hazard.’
- ‘I mean, I'm good and all I can do is frontside grinds and sweepers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.