Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Each of the paired lobes of the brain lying immediately behind the forehead, including areas concerned with behavior, learning, personality, and voluntary movement.
- ‘Damage to their temporal lobes or frontal lobes was not as great as those included in the other two groups.’
- ‘Communication between the temporal lobe and the frontal lobe is also important and this interaction occurs via multiple routes.’
- ‘Similarly, the researchers saw a shift in activation from the temporal lobe to the frontal lobe during a language skills task, as teens got older.’
- ‘Computed tomography of his brain showed that his frontal lobe and a large portion of his parietal and temporal lobes were missing.’
- ‘Telling the truth however causes activity in the frontal lobe, temporal lobe and cingulate gyrus.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.