Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Each of the paired lobes of the brain lying immediately behind the forehead, including areas concerned with behavior, learning, personality, and voluntary movement.
- ‘Computed tomography of his brain showed that his frontal lobe and a large portion of his parietal and temporal lobes were missing.’
- ‘Damage to their temporal lobes or frontal lobes was not as great as those included in the other two groups.’
- ‘Similarly, the researchers saw a shift in activation from the temporal lobe to the frontal lobe during a language skills task, as teens got older.’
- ‘Communication between the temporal lobe and the frontal lobe is also important and this interaction occurs via multiple routes.’
- ‘Telling the truth however causes activity in the frontal lobe, temporal lobe and cingulate gyrus.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.