One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The main entrance to a house.
- ‘Witnesses said officers used hydraulic rams to try to break into the building's heavy front doors.’
- ‘There are no front porches, and front doors are often hidden at the side of houses.’
- ‘There were no answers when she knocked at the front doors of the houses of friends and family.’
- ‘Julian stared at all of it while at the same time focusing in on the large front doors of the main building.’
- ‘In those days, the houses never shut their front doors in the summer.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.