One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1The part of a basketball court where each team tries to score against its opponent.
- ‘I simply could not beat him in the front court, which is where I expect to score many of my points.’
- ‘Third, when you are in the front court, set your feet and let the ball drop low, one foot to six inches.’
- ‘As soon as the pass is made, the center girl should roll to the basket and both of the girls at half court should break into the front court.’
- ‘First of all, it can be an effective means of moving your opponent to the front court while forcing a change of direction.’
- ‘The ‘Inside-Out Move’ is one of the best advanced moves in the front court in basketball.’
- 1.1 The players on a team who usually play closest to the other team's basket when trying to score.
- ‘I think the Rockets, Grizzlies and Clippers all have a chance to have very good front courts next year.’
- ‘Alabama has one of the best starting front courts in the entire country.’
- ‘They have one of the best front courts in the country, whereas St. Joe's obviously doesn't.’
- ‘That will be one of the best young front courts in the league.’
- ‘Anyways… to finish my rant here are teams with better front courts than the Wizards.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.