Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The deduction of commission fees and expenses from mutual fund shares at the time of purchase.
- ‘Dodge teams have been searching for a way to displace some of the front-end load, and this might be the answer.’
- ‘Where front-end loads are charged, the rate can vary from dealer to dealer and may be negotiable.’
- ‘Some writers will advise people that it is usually best to buy the front-end load if you are going to buy a loaded fund, but I won't do that because I believe you should never buy a loaded fund.’
- ‘Investors need to carefully consider this option, since front-end loads will eat into the initial investment.’
- ‘The sad truth is that some index funds actually charge front-end loads, back-end loads and 12b - 1 fees - all of which will eat into your return.’
- ‘Investors should know that some mutual funds reduce the front-end load in relation to the size of your investments.’
- ‘Some mutual funds reduce the front-end load as the size of the investment increases.’
- ‘Class B back-end loads, unlike front-end loads, are not generally tied to the size of the investment.’
- ‘By law, front-end loads cannot be higher than 8.5%, but most fund companies opt for loads lower than the maximum.’
- ‘Some have front-end loads, some have back-end loads, and some are level-loaded funds.’
- ‘With fund share classes that charge front-end loads, you pay the load up-front when you buy the fund.’
- ‘Most load funds now also offer classes of their shares that have 12b - 1 fees but no front-end loads.’
- ‘With these front-end loads, the sales charge is subtracted from your original investment.’
- ‘They also pay 0.95% for the basic insurance and 2.5% in front-end loads each time they make a deposit into the mutual fund-like sub-accounts.’
- ‘That's because many funds with front-end loads are now adding 12b - 1 fees as well.’
- ‘Class A shares charge a front-end load that is taken from an investor's initial investment.’
- ‘In addition, your front-end load may be reduced if you invest above certain threshold amounts - this is known as a breakpoint discount.’
- ‘Shares with front-end loads are called A shares.’
- ‘But perhaps surprisingly, front-end loads can be the least expensive if ownership extends for a longer period.’
- ‘The lure of plumper commissions prompts salesmen to tout the plans with front-end loads above all others.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.