One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The deduction of commission fees and expenses from mutual fund shares at the time of purchase.
- ‘Investors should know that some mutual funds reduce the front-end load in relation to the size of your investments.’
- ‘That's because many funds with front-end loads are now adding 12b - 1 fees as well.’
- ‘Most load funds now also offer classes of their shares that have 12b - 1 fees but no front-end loads.’
- ‘Dodge teams have been searching for a way to displace some of the front-end load, and this might be the answer.’
- ‘Class B back-end loads, unlike front-end loads, are not generally tied to the size of the investment.’
- ‘Investors need to carefully consider this option, since front-end loads will eat into the initial investment.’
- ‘They also pay 0.95% for the basic insurance and 2.5% in front-end loads each time they make a deposit into the mutual fund-like sub-accounts.’
- ‘With fund share classes that charge front-end loads, you pay the load up-front when you buy the fund.’
- ‘With these front-end loads, the sales charge is subtracted from your original investment.’
- ‘By law, front-end loads cannot be higher than 8.5%, but most fund companies opt for loads lower than the maximum.’
- ‘The lure of plumper commissions prompts salesmen to tout the plans with front-end loads above all others.’
- ‘Where front-end loads are charged, the rate can vary from dealer to dealer and may be negotiable.’
- ‘But perhaps surprisingly, front-end loads can be the least expensive if ownership extends for a longer period.’
- ‘Shares with front-end loads are called A shares.’
- ‘In addition, your front-end load may be reduced if you invest above certain threshold amounts - this is known as a breakpoint discount.’
- ‘Some writers will advise people that it is usually best to buy the front-end load if you are going to buy a loaded fund, but I won't do that because I believe you should never buy a loaded fund.’
- ‘The sad truth is that some index funds actually charge front-end loads, back-end loads and 12b - 1 fees - all of which will eat into your return.’
- ‘Some mutual funds reduce the front-end load as the size of the investment increases.’
- ‘Class A shares charge a front-end load that is taken from an investor's initial investment.’
- ‘Some have front-end loads, some have back-end loads, and some are level-loaded funds.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.