One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Appearing or happening suddenly and unexpectedly.‘he materialized a taxi out of nowhere’
- ‘One day the lad was walking through the forest when a strange man appeared out of nowhere.’
- ‘Such plant life seems to appear out of nowhere when the snow and ice recede.’
- ‘Every town has a few black spots where rubbish seems to appear from nowhere.’
- ‘Some photographers appeared from nowhere and fired off a load of shots.’
- ‘It is an illness which can just hit you out of nowhere and suddenly your energy is gone.’
- ‘A niece had suddenly appeared from nowhere and said that it was a disgrace that her uncle had been neglected.’
- ‘We felt rather unglamorous compared to the beautiful local girls who seemed to appear from nowhere at nightfall.’
- ‘Suddenly, out of nowhere, there were these localised waves of eight to 10 feet high.’
- ‘They appear almost out of nowhere, cover the city, and mutate as they spread.’
- ‘Suddenly Burton appeared from nowhere by shoving Abbey out the way.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.