One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A movement used in swimming, especially in the breast stroke, in which the legs are brought toward the body with the knees bent and the feet together and then kicked outward before being brought together again, all in one continuous movement.
- ‘I use frog kick, but I put very little effort into it - it's mainly just to stop myself slowing to a complete stop as I move my arms forward again.’
- ‘My frog kick hadn't improved and I was stirring up silt every time we had to do a drill.’
- ‘But then you have to have a reasonably natural frog kick, which means you would have had to learn when you were a kid to have a decent breaststroke.’
- ‘Comprised of a long, sinewy pull followed by a spry frog kick, the pull-down is a holy moment of shrouded watery silence.’
- ‘The new kick (whip kick) is a 2-beat kick instead of the 3-beat ‘up-out-together’ frog kick.’
- ‘The only drawbacks of this durometer level are that turn response is a bit lower, and alternative finning such as a frog kick does not respond as well.’
- ‘Before graduating to open-water training, you should master three fin-kicking strokes: the basic slow-flutter kick, the frog kick and the dolphin kick.’
- ‘This is because in tight environments such as a wreck or cave you can use the frog kick if necessary.’
- ‘Crawl wasn't even heard of, and people did backstroke with both arms at the same time with a frog kick.’
- ‘I have bad knees, and the frog kick from breast stroke is torture, I literally feel the strain on the knees.’
- ‘A frog kick from your legs will also work well, but leg muscles use a lot more oxygen than do arm muscles.’
- ‘The chances of winning a race against a flutter-kicking buddy by using the frog kick are slim.’
- ‘The frog kick is the underwater equivalent of the breast-stroke leg kick, with the legs moving inwards and outwards in a circular motion.’
- ‘If treading is required, the frog kick should be used.’
- ‘Others may prove better when used with a frog kick or in sculling.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.