One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Harvard University anthropologist Roland Burrage Dixon, discussing them in 1923, noted they were ‘marked by distinctly short stature, dark skin, curly or even frizzly hair, broad noses and thick lips.’’
- ‘So warm weather zones, while wonderful for the soul, are just not good for frizzly hair.’
- ‘The face is adorned with a beard of the same frizzly nature as the hair of the head.’
- ‘It has guys wearing makeup, tights, long frizzly hair, and screaming.’
- ‘I have wavy, frizzly hair, and on the days when I used to get up at 4am to blow dry it straight, people were complimenting me on it but it also felt like a veiled threat.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.