One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Lack of seriousness; lightheartedness.‘a night of fun and frivolity’
light-heartedness, levity, joking, jocularity, gaiety, fun, frivolousness, silliness, foolishness, zaniness, giddiness, flightiness, skittishnessView synonyms
- ‘This exhibit features furniture, fashion, function, and frivolity.’
- ‘The complaints aren't about the tone, the frivolity, or the joking references to pop culture.’
- ‘Indeed, it would be an outrageous piece of moral frivolity.’
- ‘The complacent frivolity of its lavish mosaics suggests that the declining Roman empire had no apprehensions of imminent fall.’
- ‘Some reporters who covered this story described it in tones of frivolity and amusement.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.