One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Lack of seriousness; lightheartedness.‘a night of fun and frivolity’
light-heartedness, levity, joking, jocularity, gaiety, fun, frivolousness, silliness, foolishness, zaniness, giddiness, flightiness, skittishnessView synonyms
- ‘Indeed, it would be an outrageous piece of moral frivolity.’
- ‘Some reporters who covered this story described it in tones of frivolity and amusement.’
- ‘The complacent frivolity of its lavish mosaics suggests that the declining Roman empire had no apprehensions of imminent fall.’
- ‘This exhibit features furniture, fashion, function, and frivolity.’
- ‘The complaints aren't about the tone, the frivolity, or the joking references to pop culture.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.