A dish of various foods, typically seafood, deep-fried in batter.
- ‘The fritto misto appetizer was described on the menu as ‘shrimp, calamari, artichoke hearts and seasonal vegetables in a light spicy batter, quick fried in vegetable oil and served with pineapple cocktail sauce and roasted garlic mayonnaise.’’
- ‘For example, a dish of fritto misto contained 753 calories and 91 grams of fat, according to laboratory analysis.’
- ‘Come and sample The Links' fritto misto, seafood platter or seafood chowder.’
- ‘It's one block back from the sea, and the marine influence is felt in dishes such as their triumphant fritto misto - a cut above your usual seaside trattoria fry-up.’
- ‘An interesting variation on this seafood fritto misto is the fritto di paranza, consisting of fish fried in a light batter and served with lemon wedges.’
- ‘I am very happy with the way frozen artichoke hearts work in a fritto misto and even happier when I realize that the preparation time is cut from an hour, for fresh artichoke hearts, to virtually nothing.’
- ‘The first thing I sampled was a helping of fritto misto, served with wedges of lemon in a triangle of white paper pleasingly stained with oil.’
- ‘Lauren chose the fritto misto with prawns and fiddlehead ferns.’
Italian, mixed fry.