One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘In the 19th century in England simple medieval designs were reintroduced as a reaction to the frilliness of the design in the 1700s.’
- ‘There was no frilliness in Fleming Brown's classroom.’
- ‘Many contemporary interiors dictate the use of stylised arrangements of flowers and foliage which lack frilliness and intricate detail.’
- ‘Dresses acquired their frilliness, which generally centered on the bodice and skirt hem, with layers of ruffles usually in diaphanous materials.’
- ‘Stated Brindisi, ‘It's complete with all the warmth, charm and frilliness of the original film, plus it has a new, enhanced storyline to delight and surprise audiences.’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.