One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘In the 19th century in England simple medieval designs were reintroduced as a reaction to the frilliness of the design in the 1700s.’
- ‘Stated Brindisi, ‘It's complete with all the warmth, charm and frilliness of the original film, plus it has a new, enhanced storyline to delight and surprise audiences.’’
- ‘Dresses acquired their frilliness, which generally centered on the bodice and skirt hem, with layers of ruffles usually in diaphanous materials.’
- ‘There was no frilliness in Fleming Brown's classroom.’
- ‘Many contemporary interiors dictate the use of stylised arrangements of flowers and foliage which lack frilliness and intricate detail.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.