One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Their frilled petals are the palest lavender-pink, almost white, and they have fine pink lines which lead into the greenish yellow depths.’
- ‘The petals may be overlapped, recurved, frilled, crinkled or ruffled.’
- ‘She wore a conservative blouse of dark cream chiffon, with a high, frilled collar and ruffles up the front.’
- ‘To my delight, it really is frilled and ruffled.’
- ‘Children's clothing now allows for a lot of freedom of movement, and dainty frocks and frilled shirts are strictly for birthday parties and such.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.