One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Children's clothing now allows for a lot of freedom of movement, and dainty frocks and frilled shirts are strictly for birthday parties and such.’
- ‘To my delight, it really is frilled and ruffled.’
- ‘She wore a conservative blouse of dark cream chiffon, with a high, frilled collar and ruffles up the front.’
- ‘Their frilled petals are the palest lavender-pink, almost white, and they have fine pink lines which lead into the greenish yellow depths.’
- ‘The petals may be overlapped, recurved, frilled, crinkled or ruffled.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.