One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The fact that they are increasingly referred to as ‘events’ underlines their frightfulness.’
- ‘Nor can it outweigh the sporadic frightfulness of pain and despair that occurs every second of every day.’
- ‘They saw at once its beauty and its frightfulness.’
- ‘But most important, Schatzberg and company have made The Panic in Needle Park an occasion for the American public to meditate upon the frightfulness of heroin addiction.’
- ‘In the Imperial proclamation the fact that certain ‘frightful’ things have been done is admitted, and justified on the ground of their frightfulness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.