One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Having no friends; alone.‘they have been left virtually friendless’
alone, all alone, by oneself, solitary, with no ties, unattached, single, lone, isolatedView synonyms
- ‘I nodded, accepting my fate as a friendless outcast.’
- ‘As I was friendless and alone this weekend, I resorted to my own entertainment.’
- ‘Isolated, friendless, Glover does what any lonely young man might do: he befriends a group of rats in his basement.’
- ‘They have migrated from the villages and lead lonely, friendless lives.’
- ‘She said that at school she had made friendship bracelets for six girls she wanted to be her friends, but all six had returned them - she felt friendless and alone.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.