One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Welding in which the heat is produced by rotating one component against the other under compression.
- ‘Need the right expert in friction welding?’
- ‘The wiping action facilitates bonding of the contacts to the pads, as by friction welding, or by a conductive bonding material carried on the contacts themselves.’
- ‘Other processes, such as plasma arc welding, resistance spot welding, laser-beam welding, electronbeam welding, and friction welding, can be used.’
- ‘Among the advantages of friction welding is the ability to produce high quality welds in a short cycle time.’
- ‘In friction welding only a very small amount of the base metal is heated.’
- ‘The key to friction welding is that no molten material is generated, the weld being formed in the solid state.’
- ‘Strictly speaking, inertia or rotational friction welding is not a welding process but a hot forging technique joining two members together.’
- ‘After friction welding, the pistons are heat treated to create a uniform molecular structure across the weld before machining.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.