One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It took me longer than it should have to realise that she was scared, to stop dismissing her unease as the silly fretfulness of an old lady, to decide that I would take her.’
- ‘It will soothe your baby's stomach, help to relieve wind and reduce fretfulness, helping your baby to have a good night's sleep.’
- ‘Ignoring the fretfulness in his voice, Isabella glared at him out of the corner of her eye and then turned away to dry the remainder of her tears.’
- ‘A mood of fretfulness thus pervades the pamphlet.’
- ‘Of course, you're entitled to a bit of fretfulness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.