One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A flat lens made of a number of concentric rings, to reduce spherical aberration.
- ‘Keep in mind that your fresnel is going to be held by some kind of frame.’
- ‘These were made for use in rear screen projection TV sets in conjunction with our fresnel lenses.’
- ‘I checked all around, studied up on the differences in fresnel lenses and finally decided on the F550 lens from 3Dlens.com.’
- ‘Wiko replacement fresnel lenses have long been known for their superior quality.’
- ‘The diameter of the hole is equal to the diameter of the largest complete circle on your fresnel lens.’
Mid 19th century: named after A. J. Fresnel (see Fresnel, Augustin Jean).
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.