One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A wind of force 5 on the Beaufort scale (17-21 knots or 20–24 mph)
- ‘Division two struggled to find their form in the fresh breeze and Len Jones faltered on the East nine to lose shots to par but still managed third place with his net 79.’
- ‘It was a dry, sunny day with a fresh breeze and under-foot conditions were ideal.’
- ‘He is ideally placed at the lee end of the wind to intercept carp travelling up on the fresh breeze.’
- ‘Weather conditions were ideal for competitors with grey/blue skies and a slight fresh breeze.’
- ‘The day was clear with a fresh breeze evident all day.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.