One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who visits a place often.‘he is an avid frequenter of discount supermarkets’
regular visitor to, regular customer of, regular client of, regular patron of, regular of, habitué of, familiar face at, haunter ofView synonyms
- ‘As a frequenter of both Paris and Versailles, Saint-Germain soon became one of King Louis’ most trusted advisors.’
- ‘Dad is an avid frequenter of discount supermarkets.’
- ‘Both camps - the ecstatic Sundance fans and the confused multiplex frequenters - will have to hold off until then.’
- ‘There are good reasons why some might think this was the wrong thing to do with hard-earned money collected from lottery players who tend not to be frequenters of high-art institutions.’
- ‘Many years ago in England, pub frequenters had a whistle baked into the rim or handle of their ceramic cups.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.