One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who regularly travels by air on commercial flights, especially one who is enrolled in a promotional program for such travelers.
- ‘And, frequent fliers take heart: Kirby says the two airlines' programs will be virtually integrated ‘from day one.’’
- ‘This is unlikely to change in the short term, particularly for Qantas frequent fliers who want to upgrade on busy routes such as Sydney to London.’
- ‘Flyertalk, one of the more popular sites for frequent fliers, has more than 130,000 members.’
- ‘Southwest frequent fliers holding a free travel award can claim a free seat on any of the airline's flights that are not sold out.’
- ‘We all know about ‘free’ miles, upgrades, preferential boarding and the other obvious perks of joining a frequent flier program.’
- ‘The US Department of Transportation plans to quickly set up a program to speed frequent fliers through airport security checkpoints.’
- ‘Unfortunately, the losers are probably those with frequent flier upgrades, though Delta says the most frequent fliers will still get priority on upgrade requests.’
- ‘Finnair will let its frequent fliers check in for flights in advance using text messages on handphones next month.’
- ‘I became a Qantas frequent flyer in December 2013, however I am unable to claim the missing points there as my account was not active at that time.’
- ‘I am not a member of any airline's frequent flyer program.’
- ‘Adding more flights for frequent fliers would cost the airlines even more.’
- ‘I am, and have been for many years, a Delta Medallion frequent flier, and may continue to fly Delta when appropriate.’
- ‘BOSTON (CBS) - Airlines have won the loyalty of millions of travelers thanks to frequent flyer miles.’
- ‘The pilot program will be rolled out next for American Airlines' frequent fliers at Boston and Washington's Reagan National by the end of August.’
- ‘Limits on eligible seats and competition among frequent fliers for popular destinations often make it so difficult to trade miles for flights that travelers just give up.’
- ‘Initially, the service is available only for frequent fliers traveling from Sydney to Melbourne on flights before 10 a.m.’
- ‘Some frequent fliers eat ginger snaps on the morning of the flight.’
- ‘Many airlines have started new programs that include upgrades for frequent fliers.’
- ‘Another frequent flier is Lee, the 36-year-old CEO of AirShares Elite, which sells partial-ownership shares of aircraft.’
- ‘There are certain tips to keep in mind in order to make the best of our frequent flier miles.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.