One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who regularly travels by air on commercial flights, especially one who is enrolled in a promotional program for such travelers.
- ‘I am not a member of any airline's frequent flyer program.’
- ‘BOSTON (CBS) - Airlines have won the loyalty of millions of travelers thanks to frequent flyer miles.’
- ‘The pilot program will be rolled out next for American Airlines' frequent fliers at Boston and Washington's Reagan National by the end of August.’
- ‘I am, and have been for many years, a Delta Medallion frequent flier, and may continue to fly Delta when appropriate.’
- ‘And, frequent fliers take heart: Kirby says the two airlines' programs will be virtually integrated ‘from day one.’’
- ‘The US Department of Transportation plans to quickly set up a program to speed frequent fliers through airport security checkpoints.’
- ‘Adding more flights for frequent fliers would cost the airlines even more.’
- ‘Many airlines have started new programs that include upgrades for frequent fliers.’
- ‘Finnair will let its frequent fliers check in for flights in advance using text messages on handphones next month.’
- ‘This is unlikely to change in the short term, particularly for Qantas frequent fliers who want to upgrade on busy routes such as Sydney to London.’
- ‘Unfortunately, the losers are probably those with frequent flier upgrades, though Delta says the most frequent fliers will still get priority on upgrade requests.’
- ‘We all know about ‘free’ miles, upgrades, preferential boarding and the other obvious perks of joining a frequent flier program.’
- ‘Initially, the service is available only for frequent fliers traveling from Sydney to Melbourne on flights before 10 a.m.’
- ‘Southwest frequent fliers holding a free travel award can claim a free seat on any of the airline's flights that are not sold out.’
- ‘Another frequent flier is Lee, the 36-year-old CEO of AirShares Elite, which sells partial-ownership shares of aircraft.’
- ‘Some frequent fliers eat ginger snaps on the morning of the flight.’
- ‘There are certain tips to keep in mind in order to make the best of our frequent flier miles.’
- ‘Limits on eligible seats and competition among frequent fliers for popular destinations often make it so difficult to trade miles for flights that travelers just give up.’
- ‘I became a Qantas frequent flyer in December 2013, however I am unable to claim the missing points there as my account was not active at that time.’
- ‘Flyertalk, one of the more popular sites for frequent fliers, has more than 130,000 members.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.