One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A style of manicure in which the fingernails are painted pale pink with a white band at the tip.
- ‘You can throw a punch even with a French manicure.’
- ‘Some of them enjoyed a make-up or had a French manicure, all complimentary.’
- ‘Somehow, French manicures and pedicures are still popular.’
- ‘The 20-minute French manicure resulted in a Cinderella - like transformation of my tatty nails.’
- ‘Scholtz also testified that no post-mortem sunburn was found on her body, her hair was clean and her French manicure was in pristine condition.’
- ‘At present the most popular service is the French manicure, which costs £28 and includes artificial nails.’
- ‘Paste on a perfect French manicure in the cab.’
- ‘We both got French manicures and look beautimous.’
- ‘Sporting fishing waders, a ponytail, and a French manicure, Palin defended her decision to resign as Alaska governor in half a dozen interviews broadcast and published yesterday morning.’
- ‘It offers everything from aromatherapy massages to traditional Chinese foot massage to Indian ear cleaning to French manicure.’
- ‘And as some other contributors mentioned, they drive nice cars, wear plenty of jewelry, and I've noticed a lot of the women have French manicures.’
- ‘So red is an option, French manicure is another.’
- ‘First it was bellybutton rings that started to look trashy, then five kinds of earring, skinny plucked eyebrows, French manicures, long nails and thongs.’
- ‘The shapes of nails are also different in the French manicure.’
- ‘She was in the next room at the time, waiting for Karen's expertly-applied French manicure to dry so was in no state to do the massaging herself.’
- ‘I was unaware she had a French manicure but I think by next week she's going to have an American manicure.’
- ‘In five minutes, this kit gave us a shiny French manicure without chemicals.’
- ‘In other personal improvement news, I'm also attempting to learn how to give myself a French manicure.’
- ‘A French manicure in a natural shade because her dress is ivory.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.