Software that is available free of charge.
- ‘The course is based on freeware and shareware software that can be used on second-hand machines.’
- ‘I hesitate to recommend any video editing software that is freeware.’
- ‘Stay away from shareware and freeware until you're no longer a novice.’
- ‘When you download freeware or shareware, chances are that you are downloading spyware with it.’
- ‘Open source is sometimes confused with freeware, which is software that does not cost anything.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.