One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
adjective & noun
- ‘His parents were religious but freethinking, and he attended the Church of England and the Wesleyan chapel.’
- ‘It was the century of religious freethinking, and printing outside Europe.’
- ‘Thompson is the freethinking, questioning spirit of a population that once challenged its government instead of championing it.’
- ‘The facts demonstrate that he was a freethinking person who understood perfectly well that he lived in a totalitarian state in which every free thought was repressed and every free thinker persecuted.’
- ‘The problem with the health care debate is that somehow the government has become the central agent of change and leadership, instead of the creative forces of freethinking individuals.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.