One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
noun & adjective
- ‘The facts demonstrate that he was a freethinking person who understood perfectly well that he lived in a totalitarian state in which every free thought was repressed and every free thinker persecuted.’
- ‘The problem with the health care debate is that somehow the government has become the central agent of change and leadership, instead of the creative forces of freethinking individuals.’
- ‘Thompson is the freethinking, questioning spirit of a population that once challenged its government instead of championing it.’
- ‘His parents were religious but freethinking, and he attended the Church of England and the Wesleyan chapel.’
- ‘It was the century of religious freethinking, and printing outside Europe.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.