One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who engages in the sport or activity of freediving.‘her skill, like that of all competitive freedivers, is an acquired ability to hold her breath for several minutes’
- ‘The Danish freediver currently holds multiple world records for various diving feats.’
- ‘A freediver aims to smash his own world record when he plummets 102m into a cavern off the Bahamas.’
- ‘Despite the unlucky outcome of this dive, he is and remains the greatest freediver of all time.’
- ‘Like other freedivers, she has larger than average lungs.’
- ‘He is an amateur freediver who can dive to more than 100 feet.’
- ‘She is a world champion indoor freediver.’
- ‘Undeniably, he is the deepest freediver on earth.’
- ‘The avid freediver shoots underwater videos and posts them online.’
- ‘The Floridian freediver runs underwater photo tours in the area to educate people on marine life and conservation.’
- ‘She is a bit of an adventurer—a keen freediver, climber, mountaineer, and off-piste skier.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.