One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
International trade left to its natural course without tariffs, quotas, or other restrictions.
- ‘The free-trade zone might even become one of our export markets in future.’
- ‘Anger in Europe over this latest trade dispute has raised fears that ongoing free-trade negotiations could be derailed.’
- ‘Suddenly, those same people who had been rabid free-trade advocates were outraged.’
- ‘I have never heard the member argue for a referendum on genetic engineering, or on free-trade agreements for that matter.’
- ‘A government acting unilaterally could be judged in violation of free-trade agreements.’
- ‘Australia began free-trade negotiations with the United States yesterday.’
- ‘Yes, regional free-trade deals boost prosperity much less than global ones.’
- ‘But the Hong Kong government is afraid to do so, in fear of violating free-trade principles.’
- ‘So far, Australia has inked free-trade pacts with New Zealand and Singapore.’
- ‘Do not support any agreement that looks like previous free-trade agreements.’
- ‘First, a number of high-profile free-trade initiatives have been scuttled recently.’
- ‘Whose priorities will prevail in Mexico, those of workers or those of free-trade investors?’
- ‘Workers blame free-trade agreements for sending textile jobs overseas in recent years.’
- ‘Singapore took the lead in advancing the concept of an East Asia free-trade zone in 2000.’
- ‘New Zealand has free-trade accords with Australia and Singapore, and is in talks on a partnership with Thailand.’
- ‘The purpose of this article is to demonstrate that free-market and free-trade policies are not new.’
- ‘It also has announced plans to begin free-trade talks with five Central American countries and Morocco.’
- ‘If finalised, the accord will represent the first free-trade pact made by Japan.’
- ‘That is why they are always part of the negotiations we have on closer economic partnerships and free-trade agreements.’
- ‘We were caught between our colonial past and our free-trade future.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.