One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An unimpeded attempt at a basket (worth one point) awarded to a player following a foul or other infringement.
- ‘The clock will not stop on fouls and free throws during this time.’
- ‘Teams then were also able to designate one player to shoot all free throws.’
- ‘Meanwhile, Ben Wallace missed two free throws after drawing a foul driving the baseline.’
- ‘Great players are supposed to shoot anywhere between six to nine free throws per game on average.’
- ‘Fouled shooters get two or three free throws and your players are eventually disqualified.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.