One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A young man who behaves in a boisterous or foolish manner considered typical of members of some college fraternities.
- ‘They seemed as reckless as a speeding frat boy on the Florida Turnpike.’
- ‘Those protesters last night just seemed like a bunch of drunk and disgruntled frat boys.’
- ‘In other words, he's a like a frat boy who never went to college.’
- ‘When the police questioned the frat boys, they found a videotape that showed many of the evening's events.’
- ‘Megan and a few of the local frat boys also hide out in the Fairchild building, planning to frighten the pants off the freshmen.’
- ‘Not everyone is ready to announce to a houseful of frat boys that they're gay.’
- ‘Naughton looks and sounds like a modern-day frat boy in period drag.’
- ‘Beer may be fit for frat boys, and wine good for dinner parties, but I'm a sophisticated drunk.’
- ‘He would scribble away the correct answers to question after question, then leer across the room at the frat boys.’
- ‘I drank a frat boy under the table in a shot contest.’
- ‘As with all college comedies, the jokes involve drugs, drinking, sex, homophobia, and obnoxious frat boys.’
- ‘He taught a drunken frat boy how to hit on women the English way.’
- ‘So the cops showed up, and the frat boys started telling them about this psycho with the knife.’
- ‘She didn't fall for the frat boy on purpose.’
- ‘You don't want to come off looking like a frat boy who indulges in booze and sports all day.’
- ‘Upon arriving at Padre we were overcome by frat boys.’
- ‘It's simple and effective and even the most obtuse frat boy couldn't fail to get the message.’
- ‘Then the frat boy in the passenger seat speaks.’
- ‘Researchers found that the image of a typical college student as a drunken frat boy is largely a myth.’
- ‘Over cocktails, we survey a scene of frat boys mixing easily with fashionistas and the occasional suit.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.