One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A young man who behaves in a boisterous or foolish manner considered typical of members of some college fraternities.
- ‘Researchers found that the image of a typical college student as a drunken frat boy is largely a myth.’
- ‘Then the frat boy in the passenger seat speaks.’
- ‘In other words, he's a like a frat boy who never went to college.’
- ‘When the police questioned the frat boys, they found a videotape that showed many of the evening's events.’
- ‘He would scribble away the correct answers to question after question, then leer across the room at the frat boys.’
- ‘As with all college comedies, the jokes involve drugs, drinking, sex, homophobia, and obnoxious frat boys.’
- ‘So the cops showed up, and the frat boys started telling them about this psycho with the knife.’
- ‘He taught a drunken frat boy how to hit on women the English way.’
- ‘Over cocktails, we survey a scene of frat boys mixing easily with fashionistas and the occasional suit.’
- ‘Naughton looks and sounds like a modern-day frat boy in period drag.’
- ‘They seemed as reckless as a speeding frat boy on the Florida Turnpike.’
- ‘Those protesters last night just seemed like a bunch of drunk and disgruntled frat boys.’
- ‘It's simple and effective and even the most obtuse frat boy couldn't fail to get the message.’
- ‘You don't want to come off looking like a frat boy who indulges in booze and sports all day.’
- ‘Upon arriving at Padre we were overcome by frat boys.’
- ‘She didn't fall for the frat boy on purpose.’
- ‘I drank a frat boy under the table in a shot contest.’
- ‘Not everyone is ready to announce to a houseful of frat boys that they're gay.’
- ‘Beer may be fit for frat boys, and wine good for dinner parties, but I'm a sophisticated drunk.’
- ‘Megan and a few of the local frat boys also hide out in the Fairchild building, planning to frighten the pants off the freshmen.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.