One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Some parts of the brain register activity when lying, and it also appears that liars take fractionally longer to respond to questions than those giving truthful answers.’
- ‘The reality is that membership has risen but only fractionally compared with the increase in the number of new employees.’
- ‘This is fractionally above the 66,7% required for a two-thirds majority.’
- ‘The more generous spectators will suggest that the ball fell fractionally short of Thorpe at first slip but those of slightly sterner hue will say that the Surrey man dropped it.’
- ‘Claymation - or ‘stop motion’ animation - is a technique in which model figures are moved fractionally between each shot.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.