One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
See fox hunting
- ‘For the dedicated enthusiast, fox-hunting was a huge commitment and not only did the Master fork out tremendous sums, but serious fox-hunters needed private incomes to afford the time to hunt.’
- ‘He comes from a long line of fox-hunters.’
- ‘We were both riders, I, an eventer, and she a fox-hunter.’
- ‘Victorian fox-hunters bemoaned constraints such as railways and barbed wire.’
- ‘She stressed that fox-hunters were prepared to accept a licensed regime as the sport was already self-regulated.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.