Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The analysis of a complex waveform expressed as a series of sinusoidal functions, the frequencies of which form a harmonic series.
- ‘Their work uses three dimensional Fourier analysis and periodic boundary conditions.’
- ‘He did considerable work developing new mathematical tools particularly in the area of Fourier analysis and generalised functions.’
- ‘His theorem, now called the Riesz - Fischer theorem, which he proved in 1907, is fundamental in the Fourier analysis of Hilbert space.’
- ‘The nonclassified areas of focus were pure mathematics, applied mathematics, statistics, logistics, applied areas of analysis such as Fourier analysis, and computation.’
- ‘They used three dimensional Fourier analysis and periodic boundary conditions in this important study.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.