One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
See four flush
- ‘Some wealthy people and a lot of four-flushers like to show people how rich they are.’
- ‘Specifically, a four-flusher is someone who pretends to have a flush when he's really one card short.’
- ‘The winners, of course, are the four-flushers who sell such foolishness.’
- ‘What Jackson does not mention is that many of Bonnet's contemporaries, French and Soviet, considered him to be a yellow, treasonous, double-talking four-flusher.’
- ‘To have this four-flusher, fly-by-nighter talking about a loser is pretty rich, is it not?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.