One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A home run.
- ‘But how can one account for the rash of four-baggers in today's game?’
- ‘Elected to the Hall of Fame in 1955, Baker never hit more than a dozen home runs while leading the American League in four-baggers four straight years during the ‘dead ball era.’’
- ‘Carpenter is actually giving up fewer four-baggers in 2005 than at any point in his career.’
- ‘Obviously, this large number of players with 400 or more four-baggers is mainly due to the home run explosion of the past five years.’
- ‘Until 1995, no player with at least 20 home runs had ever collected more four-baggers than base hits in a single-season.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.