One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A pass thrown from behind the line of scrimmage in a forward direction, toward the opponent's goal.
- ‘First, get somebody behind center who can complete the forward pass with some regularity.’
- ‘Rockne, the Notre Dame football coach, popularized the forward pass in 1913.’
- ‘On one occasion Lee inexplicably threw a forward pass under no pressure and was swiftly replaced, Paterson moving to full-back with Dan Parks coming on at stand-off.’
- ‘After 18 minutes they were held up on the line and moments later only a forward pass stopped them pulling ahead.’
- ‘Pressured to distraction, Hawks produced more knock-ons, forward passes, dropped passes, passes into space and aimless kicks than they did in the last two seasons combined.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.