One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A pass thrown from behind the line of scrimmage in a forward direction, toward the opponent's goal.
- ‘First, get somebody behind center who can complete the forward pass with some regularity.’
- ‘On one occasion Lee inexplicably threw a forward pass under no pressure and was swiftly replaced, Paterson moving to full-back with Dan Parks coming on at stand-off.’
- ‘After 18 minutes they were held up on the line and moments later only a forward pass stopped them pulling ahead.’
- ‘Pressured to distraction, Hawks produced more knock-ons, forward passes, dropped passes, passes into space and aimless kicks than they did in the last two seasons combined.’
- ‘Rockne, the Notre Dame football coach, popularized the forward pass in 1913.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.