One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An informal agreement traded through a broker-dealer network to buy and sell specified assets, typically currency, at a specified price at a certain future date.Compare with futures contract
- ‘For foreign currency forward contracts, it's straightforward.’
- ‘Risk tools include forward contracts, minimum price contracts, futures, options, crop insurance, hail insurance and other risk management tools.’
- ‘Most market participants are now familiar with standard derivative contracts used in hedging risk, such as forward contracts, futures and listed options.’
- ‘Such options include weather insurance and buying energy futures, derivatives or forward contracts that require an organization to take title to, or else sell, blocks of energy.’
- ‘For the previous 15 years, with only a few exceptions, five-month forward contracts traded in a narrow range around $20 per barrel.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.