Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An informal agreement traded through a broker-dealer network to buy and sell specified assets, typically currency, at a specified price at a certain future date.Compare with futures contract
- ‘Such options include weather insurance and buying energy futures, derivatives or forward contracts that require an organization to take title to, or else sell, blocks of energy.’
- ‘For the previous 15 years, with only a few exceptions, five-month forward contracts traded in a narrow range around $20 per barrel.’
- ‘For foreign currency forward contracts, it's straightforward.’
- ‘Risk tools include forward contracts, minimum price contracts, futures, options, crop insurance, hail insurance and other risk management tools.’
- ‘Most market participants are now familiar with standard derivative contracts used in hedging risk, such as forward contracts, futures and listed options.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.