One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An informal agreement traded through a broker-dealer network to buy and sell specified assets, typically currency, at a specified price at a certain future date.Compare with futures contract
- ‘Risk tools include forward contracts, minimum price contracts, futures, options, crop insurance, hail insurance and other risk management tools.’
- ‘Most market participants are now familiar with standard derivative contracts used in hedging risk, such as forward contracts, futures and listed options.’
- ‘For the previous 15 years, with only a few exceptions, five-month forward contracts traded in a narrow range around $20 per barrel.’
- ‘For foreign currency forward contracts, it's straightforward.’
- ‘Such options include weather insurance and buying energy futures, derivatives or forward contracts that require an organization to take title to, or else sell, blocks of energy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.