Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A person who posts comments in a particular Internet forum, typically on a regular basis.‘Spencer has gone from hero to zero with some forumites in recent weeks’
critic, analyst, pundit, commenter, monitor, observer, blogger, judge, evaluator, interpreter, exponent, expounderView synonyms
- ‘A forumite had asked about Ekaete Pink Corner in Coral Bay.’
- ‘On Sunday, October 6, the WEF will move from being a live forum to a read-only archive, and we at Robotfist have decided to let some of the most prominent Forumites say a few words on what the place meant to them.’
- ‘The forum is part of our web site and the forumites epitomise fanatical customers.’
- ‘In the words of a fellow forumite, "the game turns what seem like completely normal people into gibberish spewing idiots".’
- ‘Shuyin is laughing at some of the stupidity some forumites actually came up with.’
- ‘There is another Forumite planning a Paris trip later in the fall. If she doesn't see your post, I'll let her know.’
- ‘Several forumites have gone through separation or divorce, so you'll have support here if that's the way it goes.’
- ‘That could be a bit tricky to judge, unless we restrict the voting to NGamer forumites.’
1990s ː from forum + -ite.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.