One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who posts comments in a particular Internet forum, typically on a regular basis.‘Spencer has gone from hero to zero with some forumites in recent weeks’
critic, analyst, pundit, commenter, monitor, observer, blogger, judge, evaluator, interpreter, exponent, expounderView synonyms
- ‘Shuyin is laughing at some of the stupidity some forumites actually came up with.’
- ‘The forum is part of our web site and the forumites epitomise fanatical customers.’
- ‘On Sunday, October 6, the WEF will move from being a live forum to a read-only archive, and we at Robotfist have decided to let some of the most prominent Forumites say a few words on what the place meant to them.’
- ‘In the words of a fellow forumite, "the game turns what seem like completely normal people into gibberish spewing idiots".’
- ‘Several forumites have gone through separation or divorce, so you'll have support here if that's the way it goes.’
- ‘A forumite had asked about Ekaete Pink Corner in Coral Bay.’
- ‘There is another Forumite planning a Paris trip later in the fall. If she doesn't see your post, I'll let her know.’
- ‘That could be a bit tricky to judge, unless we restrict the voting to NGamer forumites.’
1990s ː from forum + -ite.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.