One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
adjective & adverb
- ‘The argument should also be put to Genesis Power, a State-owned enterprise whose 2003-04 rates bill has increased fortyfold.’
- ‘The gap between the richest and poorest one-fifths of the world is now about onehundredfold, whereas 30 years ago it was about thirtyfold or fortyfold.’
- ‘That is a fortyfold acceleration in the population growth rate, and there is no precedent for that.’
- ‘The researchers increased the current fortyfold by decreasing the humidity from 20 per cent to zero.’
- ‘Over the last 15 years, occurrences of S. enteritidis food poisoning have increased fourfold in the United States and fortyfold in Europe.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.