One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Will we change the Constitution to restrict the rights of fornicators, adulterers or divorcees in the interest of protecting the ‘sanctity’ of marriage?’
- ‘And yet not one member of the House or Senate would consider supporting a constitutional amendment to discriminate against fornicators or adulterers.’
- ‘And if they are, how would you punish the fornicator or adulterer?’
- ‘They play in a band and sing songs; they pass out leaflets; and they scold the fornicators who live next door.’
- ‘By the late eighteenth century, New England law enforcers arrested few fornicators or adulterers, though premarital and extramarital sex had hardly disappeared.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.