One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Sexual intercourse between people not married to each other.‘laws forbidding adultery and fornication’
extramarital sex, extramarital relations, adultery, infidelity, unfaithfulness, cuckoldryView synonyms
- ‘The majority of people in society may come to regard fornication, adultery and casual sexual relationships with intolerance, indignation and disgust.’
- ‘She would have opened the door to the house around six thirty, which would have coincided with the sins of adultery and fornication being committed on the couch at Mr. Armstrong's house.’
- ‘And the consequences of fornication or adultery are not only restricted to the parties involved in these immoral acts.’
- ‘Their talk is adultery and fornication, dishonesty, greed and deceit, and easy money.’
- ‘So widespread is the understanding that, when a priest or bishop's adultery or fornication comes to light, clergy and laity are equally scandalized.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.