One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
as modifier Of or denoting the acyl radical —CHO, derived from formic acid.‘N-formyl methionine’
- ‘Once the formyl group is removed, it prevents higher than expected O parameters.’
- ‘The formyl termini have been patched onto the last valine residue in the sequence of each monomer.’
- ‘Two spectroscopic signatures associated with formyl group CH modes suggest that P740 is a dimeric Chl d-containing species.’
- ‘However, since the formyl derivatives, especially diformyl derivative, have spectroscopic features similar to those of PpIX, it is difficult to distinguish these isomers from PpIX by spectroscopic means.’
- ‘Sfgh catalyzes the second step in the detoxification reaction, in which glutathione is restored and the formyl group is released as formate.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.