Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An international form of auto racing, whose races are called Grand Prix.
- ‘Every year, the most promising driver in Formula One is chosen and is given the Lorenzo Bandini Trophy.’
- ‘Now that he has earned a super license, Speed will be permitted to race in Formula One should the opportunity arise.’
- ‘We work together which is very important for the team and I think he's one of the best drivers in Formula One.’
- ‘It is going to be the first raced missed by Montoya since his debut in Formula One back in 2001.’
- ‘In both the language and the performance of Michael Schumacher there is no longer any place for Formula One to hide.’
- ‘Jaguar's Tony Purnell, one of the more grounded people in Formula One, took a dim view of recent events.’
- ‘One more will draw him level with the career bests of Formula One's Juan Pablo Montoya and Nick Heidfeld.’
- ‘What are your feelings about the speeds in Formula One at the moment?’
- ‘He will be highly focused to compete in Formula One again after he has missed two races.’
- ‘This is fundamental to the future health and stability of Formula One.’
- ‘I think it is the first time in modern Formula One that there have been two Dutch drivers in the same team.’
- ‘Thus there were times when the emphasis lay with the sports racing prototypes rather than with Formula One.’
- ‘There remained room for one more sport and we were down to Formula One, motorbike racing or horse racing.’
- ‘Those unable or unwilling to accept this have no place in Formula One.’
- ‘His talent is not in question - he is widely regarded as the best Japanese driver to race in Formula One.’
- ‘This week marks the start of Jenson Button's fifth season in Formula One.’
- ‘However, everything in Formula One is relative to your competitors and we are still pushing hard to improve.’
- ‘It would also promote the interests of Formula One that motor sport be seen to institute a full inquiry into the events.’
- ‘If you write Formula One is boring, Formula One is bad, everyone is going to say that.’
- ‘It's the Finn's second pole position of the season and his fifth in Formula One.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.