One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘They are also quite preternaturally ugly, bringing a rude abbreviation to the extension of the leg and drawing attention to the unbeautiful formlessness of the shoe, and the cheapness of its material and fabrication.’
- ‘He goes on to describe this notion of chaos as ‘that yawning abyss of formlessness from which all escaped’.’
- ‘Who can say why certain groups gel as they do and hit the listener with coherent loveliness, no matter how discordant the melody, while others laze in formlessness.’
- ‘The formlessness of infinite choice hobbles relationships: you can't commit if there is always a better option.’
- ‘But I've never felt the urge to convert anyone, feeling that everyone must clothe the formlessness of God in the form that best suits them, culturally and temperamentally.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.