One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Language and a common heritage facilitate British programme circulation in the US, Australasia, and Canada, societies which have been formatively shaped by British immigration.’
- ‘The term can mean gathering information, both formatively and summatively, about what students have learned - and this, then, would look directly to the desired outcomes of learning.’
- ‘Although exam participation is required, exam results are used only formatively and have no impact on students' grades or progress.’
- ‘Portfolios, or collections of student work, may also be used formatively if students and teachers annotate the entries and observe growth over time and practice.’
- ‘Students are assessed both formatively and summatively in each discipline.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.