One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A colorless pungent gas in solution made by oxidizing methanol.
- ‘Bleach, ethyl alcohol, and formaldehyde can kill the virus in the environment.’
- ‘They are produced by the polymerization reaction of phenol and formaldehyde.’
- ‘Set on fire, these items release formaldehyde, polyvinyl chloride, and dioxins.’
- ‘The metabolic byproducts of aspartame are methanol and formaldehyde.’
- ‘Formalin, a solution of formaldehyde, is also used in tanning leather and preserving corpses.’
Late 19th century: blend of formic acid and aldehyde.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.