One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The formula features a sort of sing-by-committee affair that sometimes forgivingly uses three-part harmonies to drown out the nasal lead vocal mewling.’
- ‘If he has struggled before and is now making progress, we might look at his writing more forgivingly and play up his accomplishments in our response.’
- ‘Joe storms out to the pub and later returns to find that Cathie has submissively cleaned up the mess and is forgivingly waiting for him - in bed.’
- ‘Hard-core still has a massive male market, but increasing numbers of women are turning on to the ‘softer’ side of sexual imagery or, as it's more forgivingly known, erotica.’
- ‘The film captures these accumulating defeats tenderly and forgivingly, and makes each moment feel authentic and real.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.