An advance warning.‘officials had no forewarning of the attacks’
- ‘As a forewarning, this is my longest chapter yet, but it is also crucial to the plot development that I am trying to reach, and to introduce elements and thoughts that will play larger roles in the future.’
- ‘We had good collaboration, and as the gentleman mentioned earlier, we had a lot of forewarning, a lot of cancellations.’
- ‘The UN failed to respond to impending massacres despite forewarnings in all three cases.’
- ‘Put baldly, millions of evangelical Christians see forewarnings of Armageddon in the crisis in the Middle East.’
- ‘If I'd taken his strange forewarnings seriously, I might've been prepared to deal with the loss.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.